Intimrelax is a kit of 3 progressive vaginal dilators used for home management of painful intercourse.
This European product has been specifically designed for:
- Pelvic floor muscle spasm (vaginismus)
- Painful intercourse (dyspareunia) to reduce fear of penetration
- Improve tolerance to vaginal penetration (i.e. gynaecological examination, intercourse).
Intimrelax contrasts with some of the larger rigid vaginal dilators on the market. The soft flexible design and extra small starting diameter makes this an excellent product for women who experience spasm and threat with vaginal penetration.
- 3 contoured vaginal dilators supplied as complete set
- Incrementally sized diameter and length for progression
- Discreet zip up compact storage case
How Intimrelax Treats Painful Intercourse
Intimrelax works by:
- Gradually decreasing the sensitivity of vaginal tissues to touch and penetration
- Providing very gentle stretch to short, tight vaginal tissues
- Training the pelvic floor muscles to relax
- Flexible soft silicone material (contrasting with other more rigid vaginal dilators)
- Soft smooth curved surface
- Smallest dilator has small maximum diameter allowing for initial penetration
- Gradual increase in dilator diameter and length for comfortable progression
- Tapered insertion for maximum comfort
- Hygienic and easy to clean
- Phthalate free
- Compact storage
How to Use Intimrelax For Painful Intercourse
- Start with the smallest device for your personal comfort
- Warm the dilator in warm water prior to use
- Lay down in a warm comfortable position with your knees slightly bent supported over pillow
- Place a small amount of water-based lubricant* on the tip of the device
- Start your session with relaxed breathing
- When ready place the tip of the device at the vaginal entrance and continue relaxed breathing
- Gradually insert the device to a comfortable depth ensuring that treatment remains comfortable throughout
- The device can be left in this position for a few minutes or gentle moved within the vagina to improve tolerance
- Gradually progress the duration of treatment and the size of the device according to personal comfort
- Always keep treatment sessions comfortable and pain free.
*Water-based lubricants should be used with Intimrelax. Petroleum (e.g. Vaseline) or oil-based lubricant should not be used with this product to avoid damage to devices and avoid vaginal irritation.