What is Femmeze?
Femmeze is a medical device that realigns rectocoele prolapse to improve bowel emptying.
Many women with rectocoele prolapse experience difficulty emptying their bowels.
Some women need to manually support the perineum or use their fingers inside their vagina to facilitate bowel emptying with rectocoele. Women often say they find this embarrassing and unhygienic especially when away from home.
This device eliminates this need providing a simple hygienic solution to realign the position of the rectum for more effective bowel emptying.
How does Femmeze Work?
Femmeze is a small paddle shoehorn-shaped device.
The paddle end of the device is gently inserted into the vagina to rest against and support the back wall of the vagina. This keeps the rectum aligned for bowel emptying rather than bulging into the back wall of the vagina.
Femmeze Medical Device Features
- Safe and easy to use
- Curved design for comfort
- Easy grip finger grooves
- Hygienic and easy to clean
- Attractive floral pink carry pouch
- CE Certified Class 1
- 1 Femmeze device
- Discreet storage/carry pouch
- Instructions for use
Who is Femmeze Suited to?
Femmeze is suited to:
- Women with rectocoele pelvic organ prolapse who have problems emptying their bowels.
- Women who lack the manual dexterity to use hand support to assist bowel emptying.
- Hygienic support for the rectocoele during bowel emptying for cleanliness when travelling or away from the home.
How to Use Femmeze
- Place a small amount of water based lubricant on the paddle end of the device
- Rest your thumb on the top thumb recess of the handle (Fig.1)
- Place your 2nd and 3rd fingers on the finger recesses on the underside of the handle (Fig.2)
- Gently insert the paddle into the vagina
- Apply gentle pressure through the handle so that the concave side of the paddle supports the back wall of the vagina during bowel emptying (Fig.2)
- Remove Femmeze from the vagina, wash with hot soapy water, dry well and store in carry pouch.
When not to use Femmeze?
Avoid using this product with:
- Unexplained rectal or vaginal bleeding
- Pain or discomfort during or after use
- If unable to insert the device into your vagina
In the unlikely event you experience bleeding or discomfort cease use and consult with your medical practitioner.
Please note: This product is not designed for insertion into the rectum