Male Pelvic Floor Relaxation CD
Pelvic Floor Muscle Relaxation for Men is a new CD designed for treating chronic male pelvic pain.
Produced by Specialist Pelvic Floor Physiotherapist Dr Patricia Neumann, this unique treatment CD is designed for men without access to Pelvic Floor Physiotherapy.
Pelvic Floor Relaxation CD for Men Features
- 30 minutes of guided pelvic floor muscle and whole body relaxation with breathing exercises
- 10 minute daily male pelvic floor relaxation practice track with Physiotherapist guidance
- 8 page instructional booklet for home treatment of chronic pelvic pain in men
- Soothing background musical accompaniment to promote pelvic relaxation
Benefits of Male Pelvic Floor Relaxation
Chronic pelvic pain in men can cause a range of pelvic problems including bladder problems, bowel problems and/or sexual dysfunction.
Pelvic floor muscle tension in men has a range of causes including; Prostatitis, coccyxdynia, prostate cancer treatment, prolonged sitting, constipation.
Pelvic floor relaxation in men with pelvic floor spasm can:
- Alleviate pelvic pain
- Improve bladder control
- Improve bowel emptying and control
- Improve erectile function
Treatment of pelvic floor spasm with pelvic floor relaxation is often part of the overall approach to managing chronic pelvic pain management pain in men. This usually precedes pelvic floor exercises for strengthening which can worsen pelvic pain if commenced too soon.
About the Producers
Dr Patricia Neumann has is a titled specialist Pelvic Floor Physiotherapist and research Fellow at University of South Australia. She has a special interest in the treatment of Chronic Pelvic Pain.
Sonia Sharfbillig is a titled Continence & Women’s Health Physiotherapist. She has a Bachelor of Physiotherapy (Hons Uni SA), a master of Musculoskeletal and Sports Physiotherapy (Uni SA) and a Bachelor of Science (Flinders University).
Original music and recording is by Glyn Lehmann.